2012年2月29日 星期三

Baby Mediterranean Dinner

Couscous is such a wonderful textured food for me.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and kept asking for more.  The little individual couscous is soft, easy to swallow and digest.  Mommies with this you would not need to worry about choking.

It's also very quick and easy to prepare.  All you need to do if buy a packet of couscous from the shop, use boiling water to soak and cover for 10 mins then its done.  How fast and quick is that.  

So my Mommy made me some couscous with tomato and onion gravy.  Almost forgot there was spinach in the gravy, but since it was slowed cooked I didn't taste the yucky spinach at all.

This is what I look like afterwards.



To all mommies, couscous you follow the packet so I won't go into on how to make it.  Below is how my mommy made the gravy.

Gravy Ingredients;
Tomato
Onion
Spinach
Garlic

Tomato is blanched and diced.
Blanching (for the mommies who don't know what it is) - slit a cross on the bottom of the tomato.  Then pour boiling water over the tomato so it is covered for 2 mins.  Then drain the boiling water and put the tomato in cold water, where you'll see that the tomato skin will automatically be peeling off.
Onion is best to be grated as you won't have to spend too much time trying to cook it till it is very soft.

You can use a little bit of oil to fry the garlic till you can smell it.  Afterwards add the tomato and onion fry till soft.  Then add spinach and a bit of water, then slow cook on low heat.  Once the water has thickened, then it is done.


沒有留言:

張貼留言